Q&A Replacing Radiant Ceramic Latticework in old gas heater

Post in 'Questions and Answers' started by QandA, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QandA

    Expand Collapse
    New Member
    Staff Member

    Nov 27, 2012
    Likes Received:

    Our 103 year old farmhouse has a working gas fireplace with what appear to be ceramic latticework bricks in it. These are easily removable and, with 2 younger children, they have been broken by numerous balls gone off course. They are very fragile and, when the fireplace is being used, seem to conduct the heat of the flame. Do you have any idea where I might find replacements for these? Am I searching in the right place? Thank you for any help you can give me!


    These are radiant panels that help the gas burn cleaner and provide radiant heat output. These are still used today, but mostly in wall-mounted gas heaters. They sometimes go by the name "plaques". If anyone would know, it's the folks at Woodman Associates - http://hearth.com/woodman

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page