Q&A Replacing Radiant Ceramic Latticework in old gas heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Our 103 year old farmhouse has a working gas fireplace with what appear to be ceramic latticework bricks in it. These are easily removable and, with 2 younger children, they have been broken by numerous balls gone off course. They are very fragile and, when the fireplace is being used, seem to conduct the heat of the flame. Do you have any idea where I might find replacements for these? Am I searching in the right place? Thank you for any help you can give me!

Answer:

These are radiant panels that help the gas burn cleaner and provide radiant heat output. These are still used today, but mostly in wall-mounted gas heaters. They sometimes go by the name "plaques". If anyone would know, it's the folks at Woodman Associates - https://www.hearth.com/woodman

Status
Not open for further replies.