Replacing Regency Baffles...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamE

Feb 3, 2013
Collegeville, Pa.
I'm about to have a used Regency i2100 installed and the two baffles are a bit ragged looking. I've looked around and I've only found them at one place - www.stoveking.com. They want $60 for two bits of fire brick (part# 033-955). I realize it's a 15 year old insert, but this seems excessive.

Is there an alternative?

Thanks!

I'm about to have a used Regency i2100 installed and the two baffles are a bit ragged looking. I've looked around and I've only found them at one place - www.stoveking.com. They want $60 for two bits of fire brick (part# 033-955). I realize it's a 15 year old insert, but this seems excessive.

Is there an alternative?

Thanks!
Great stove and yes it worth it. They take a lot of heat. Seen guys use

Is there an alternative?

Thanks!
it's a great little stove definitely worth replacing i have seen guys use kaowool instead but its worth the money

Unless the baffle bricks are badly damaged enough to have leaks it may not be time to replace them. How bad is 'ragged looking'?

Thanks. Here's a pic:

IMG_1969.JPG

I doubt I'll get a seal.

Those really dont look that bad but i would have to see them in to tell for sure

I have the same stove and its a workhorse, I love this stove.Only stove i really trusted.It looks like someone was not to careful removing them. I think they will leak.Replace them,it's worth the money with care they will last a long time.I'm going on12 plus yrs.with mine and this baby runs from Oct. to april 24/7 and doesn't miss a beat. Did I mention I love this stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.