Replacing Throttle Cable on Stihl 011 AVT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomminny

Sep 5, 2008
Central NY
Hi,
My Throttle Cable broke on my Stihl 011 AVT. I have pulled the handle apart and opened up the top to the Carb. area-under the air filter. I can see where the old cable goes (half of it is still there and attached to the throttle plate connector). I also pulled the boot that covers the carb adjustment screws. Is there a trick to getting the new one in there or do I have to take the saw all apart to replace it?

Thanks in advance!
Tom

tomminny said:
Hi,
My Throttle Cable broke on my Stihl 011 AVT. I have pulled the handle apart and opened up the top to the Carb. area-under the air filter. I can see where the old cable goes (half of it is still there and attached to the throttle plate connector). I also pulled the boot that covers the carb adjustment screws. Is there a trick to getting the new one in there or do I have to take the saw all apart to replace it?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
is the 011 avt a chainsaw or weed eater?

Thank you so much for the manual.... I cannot find anything in it about replacing the throttle cable though.... Do you happen to have a service manual for it?
Thanks again!
Tom

tomminny said:
Thank you so much for the manual.... I cannot find anything in it about replacing the throttle cable though.... Do you happen to have a service manual for it?
Thanks again!
Tom
thats the only manual, i also look at racesaw.com nothing on cables or 011 sthil,all the newer sthils dont have that kind of set up

I haven't done a throttle cable on that saw, and I've only worked on a couple 011's, but my gut is saying a lot is going to have to come apart on the saw. How old is that saw??

Ok, I just took a look at a couple pictures. I'm thinking at least the handle and air filter cover. Not sure what else. How's the saw run? She's an older one for sure!

Did you ever find a response to your problem? I have the same saw and ordered a new cable from my local Stihl dealer and found that it is too long. Reconfirmed that correct part number was ordered as per the parts manual. So now I have posted the issue to ArboristSite.com.

I am really looking for the correct part number to order so I can get this fixed. Part number I ordered that is too long is 1120-180-1100.

Thanx,

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.