Replenishment started!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garyh

Jan 19, 2009
Central MI
It is early and warm but began the replenishment of the wood pile; slow start, but as the weather cools the pile will grow, can't wait to fire up the Keystone!!

Shady, this is not a good time to be cutting this year's wood! That should have been done a year or two or three ago. That Keystone won't like green wood for sure else you will be having cat problems because of all the moisture. Do you have a supply of dry wood?

Oh yeah; supply all set for this winter; working towards the future, thanks though for the thoughts.

Hey Shady,
How did your Keystone work out for you last Winter? I've had a few fires in my new Keystone this month but haven't really pushed her yet. Do you like the ash pan or do you shovel the ash out? Does your glass stay clean? I have been getting some soot on the right lower side but it may not be broke in yet?

Really enjoyed it; it is installed in the living area of the basement; once it gets to temp almost heats the entire house enough that the furnace runs very little. We utilize the ash pan a lot, but you will find that it burns things very cleanly. Regarding the glass, for the most part stays very clean, at times we turn it down to much and get some accumulation of soot. This is a minor thing it wipes right away when the fire is down.

Enjoy!!

What kind of burn times are you getting. I filled mine full with Oak once and had some coals left after 10 hours. I also found out there is an EPA hole in the back of the ash pan, it's only about 1/4" but I find it strange that they put it there instead of rigging the air control lever. I don't think it's good to have extra air coming up through the ash grate but I'm no expert. I may play around with plugging it later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.