Forum User Hint Replying to and quoting threads (messages)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
See Enclosed for hints.

#1 - replying without quoting.
Screen shot 2012-10-03 at 1.54.45 PM.png

#2 - Quoting a thread and then replying.
Screen shot 2012-10-03 at 1.56.03 PM.png

Reactions: dogwood
I'm sure I'm missing something here. How do you quote multiple posts if they are on different pages?

If you want to quote the last post on page 1 and the first quote on page 2 for example.

I'd use the "quote me" feature. Highlight a portion of the first post, then click "quote me". That inserts the quote into a new blank reply post below the thread. Go there to the end of that quote and hit enter once or twice to reposition the cursor, then go fetch what you want from the second post.

See Enclosed for hints.

Blah blah blah.

I'm sure I'm missing something here. How do you quote multiple posts if they are on different pages?

Get 'em from wherever in the thread...it might even work from a different thread, I've never tried that. Put in as many as you like, then finish up the post and hit "Post Reply". Rick