Report on Treecycle Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought two tons from a dealer in Clinton, NJ this past week. I had burned Cleanfire pellets last year.

They seem to burn pretty clean, but I'd second the notion of burning cooler. The flame they create in the firebox is far smaller and the heat coming out is much cooler. I think I'll end up burning a lot more Treecycle pellets to maintain temperature.

and you know this how? just by looking at the flame? Did you try to adjust the settings? I see everyone say one pellet is hotter then the other pellet but how do you really know? just by feeling the air blowing out of the stove? I dont think you can tell just by "feel"

no, i have nothing scientific to back it up like measuring the temperature of the airflow. I have only my amateur observations. Take it as you wish.

I would add that temperature in the room dropped by 3-4 degrees (similar temperatures outside) once I switched to Treecycle pellets.

I'm using a digital meat thermometer that goes up to 300* and I take the temp from the middle of the convection tube so as not to pick up any conductive heat. I check the temp at various times throughout the burn cycle. The hottest I've seen the Treecycles was 188*. I'll do the same test when I get other brands.

I have a Avalon Astoria Bay, We could not figure out the problem,but like I said in my last post the new pellets that they replaced them with are burning clean and hot and seem to be lasting a lot longer them other pellets we have had in the past. I was pleased that treecycle stood behind their product. I will be buying there pellets next year.

SHAZZY

Got 4 tons of Treecycle..... I have been burning Barefoot but I'll switch over so I can add to the thread...............

Treecycle pellets are some of the best pellets out there. The ash is a little higher than some but the heat produced is much higher and the pellets burn longer than the box store brand.

Good News.... TreeCycle burned nice and hot.... as hot as any the Barefoots I had been using. Bad News..... Larger than average clinkers..... Way larger.......
Edit........... Still think they are a really good pellet and would buy more at the right price.... Minimal fines which is really great, actually hardly any fines at all compared to other brands I have used...... I would recommend these pellets..... I will keep burning and report again in a few days.......

BadDad I take it you are burning them in your thelin stove? How does it load the pellets into the burn pot? from the bottom or does it drop them in like the quads?

Drops down a chute...... Another point about the TreeCycle brand I am noticing now is some pretty long pellets.... Longer than average.....
Edit....... I have dialed down the feed rate and increased the air flow....... This seems to have helped lessen the clinker issue considerably......

After dialing in the stove to the best possible burn I have found the TreeCycle Brand Pellets to be pretty good. Their biggest issue for me is CLINKERS..... about every 6 hours there seems to be a large clinker to deal with..... So far I would say TreeCycle ...... Good ....1.... Very little fines, some of the best... 2..... Hot Burn, great heat..... 3.....Price....Well below $250.00 in many locations.... Bad.......1 ..... Clinkers, clinkers, clinkers...............

Status
Not open for further replies.