Researching pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickbele

Dec 23, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Saying goodbye to my Englander coal burner after 17 years and looking for a good pellet stove for my 1500 sq. ft ranch. Narrowed it down to the Enviro Omega and the Harman P68. Any thoughts from those who have had either for a while? Looking for reliability and warmth. Thanks.

No sense in researching a pallet stove. Many stoves can burn pallets.

Bump! Thinkin he meant pellet stove. I'm sure he will edit the title of his post. ;-)

either will do well for you. The Harman is simpler to clean, but otherwise, pretty close.

Either stove will do fine for you. But?

As an Omega owner I am a bit biased. And highly recommend the multifuel stove feature it has or the newer Maxx M. These things "will" burn anything you toss in. I have burned tons of different brands and many other fuels just in case. 100% corn, Grass pellets, switchgrass pellets, cherry pits and the list goes on. I have also burned small samples of leaf pellets and recycled paper/cardboard pellets. She just eats these things no problem. I am the picky one and find pellets do burn cleaner than the multifuels. But if there ever is another pellet shortage? I will not need my woodstove to fall back on. I will just opt for the next best fuel. Never again will I ever own a pellet only(including 50/50 corn/pellet) stove again. The multifuel unit just offers far more fuel options!

Its not hard to keep clean. I only open the door once a week to do a quick vacuum, clean the glass and empty the ash pan(only takes about 1/2 hour). It will go far longer but I just like to keep it tidy. Once a ton I do the vent pipe, remove the baffles and clean the blowers. Actually a very simple stove to use too! And it throws massive amounts of heat at you.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. I'll be glad to answer what I can. Love my multifueler! :)

Curious why my post to this thread was deleted? Was I rude, wrong, inapropriate, what?

I am looking for a Maxx or Maxx M but find it hard to find a stove to look at before i buy. Know one has one is stock that I can look at. I was ready to put money on one yesterday and would drive over an hour to see it but could not find one. Have you seen the stove in person?

Happy Holiday

Come on Santa with my gift!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.