Not open for further replies.
  1. isipwater

isipwater
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jun 6, 2013
    Loc:
    Southeastn, AZ

Thanks for the suggestion, seems like a nice stove but we are wanting a stove that has more of a modern look to it. I hope you enjoy your new stove!

2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Sounds like a well thought-out decision for a good stove. Keep up posted on the install.

3. BuckthornBonnie

BuckthornBonnie
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 1, 2013
    Loc:
    Penn Yan, NY
    A couple more things-
    We constructed our own raised hearth pad. Despite the fact that the Spokane only needs ember protection, I'd suggest making a pad/hearth that would accomodate other stoves in the future. It at least keeps your options open for a TON of other great stoves. We raised the R-value using layers of cementboard along with the mortar and tile. Double-check the height needed for this stove compared to your ceiling height in that location.
    We also made a non-combustible wall using the specs from the NFI and stealing ideas from hearth.com. It has a 1-inch space from the wall, mantel, and hearth and is El Dorado brand stone veneer.
    We load our stove N/S but have burned E/W on occasion. The diagonals of the stove can accomodate bigger wood if needed. Get into a stove shop and check out the stove if you can.

4. Augie

Augie
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 8, 2012
    Loc:
    North Of Canada
    Sorry for the delay in answering, Brother was getting married this weekend. :cool:

5. isipwater

isipwater
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jun 6, 2013
    Loc:
    Southeastn, AZ

First, congrats to your Brother!

Thanks for the informative reply. Your idea about replacing the roof Firebrick with insulating bricks sounds like a wonderful idea.

Did you just order them from your stove shop?

Would insulating bricks cause any warranty problems or cause the stove to over heat/fire?

Would you mind checking out my last post on the thread I started regarding my project. Specifically, do the prices sound fair?

You can find my thread at:
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/assistance-selecting-stove.110440/page-2

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.