***Resellers*** (Or someone looking for a source)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Eaton

Dec 13, 2012
My friend has an Avalon PS900. In looking for a new combustion fan, I found they were very expensive. So me being me, I scoured the internets and cross referenced specs on many different similar motors. I was lucky enough to find an inducer for a different type of equipment with same specs and rotation. In fact, the cage it came with looks to be a direct replacement for many of the pellet stoves I looked into as a possible replacement. The motor bolted right up.

I offered someone a link to my source, as I paid $30 for a brand new motor vs $220-$330, in exchange for bottom dollar deal on an ignitor for her. But then it occured to me that I may even be able to get somebody to send me one for free if I trade them an opportunity to buy the remaining up and make $85K if they priced them nearly $100 cheaper than what I had found before trying to cross reference something cheaper. Maybe even more because it would be bulk shipping and you could laugh all the way to the bank.

I don't have $36K to purchase the remaining inducers, nor am I in the business of selling pellet stove parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.