ResetPlug

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
So, this weekend we were out of town. I thought I'd check the thermostats at home and the message I got was: "disconnected". When we got home, the internet light on the modem/wifi was off, and I reset things by disconnecting/reconnecting the power.

I've heard of people using a timer to periodically reset things, but I thought this product called "ResetPlug" was a good idea. It, theoretically, detects a loss of internet and cycles power on a plug that the modem is connected to.

It's in the mail. Has anyone else use this or something similar? This seems like the only product that specifically does this.

With the profusion of wifi connected appliances, something like this that could help keep things working might be helpful, if it works.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BU2ALGO/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Reactions: lml999
Status
Not open for further replies.