Resolute Acclaim 2490

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski920

Dec 8, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have a resolute Accalim 2490 and as I was cleaning it out this morning the left arch brick fell apart in my hands. I searched hard to find the part but no one has it in stock. I ordered it through Black Swan in Ct. Real nice and helpful people unfortunately I am going to have to wait a month to get the parts. I ordered both the left and the right

Since the stove is down (can't use it with a cracked brick) I was going to give it a thorough cleaning. Are there any manuals out there for step by step instructions? I vacuumed all I could see but are there any hidden areas I should be looking for?

Thanks

The manual, available online at VC, gives "spring cleaning" instructions.
In particular, remove the rear bricks and then the left and right metal plates. Be very careful around the refractory box.
Vacuum the ash from between the sides and the refractory box. You might also clean the top of the box, again carefully so you don't suck a chunk out of it.
Check your damper gasket while you're in there.

Thank you very much... will do.

The box looks like it has taken a beating over the years. I will replace that this spring.

Why is it this breaks on the coldest day of the season? LOL

Guess I need to be more diligent in the spring.

Thanks Again

How involved is it to replace the Combustion Package? It definitely needs to be done. I have had this stove for about 9 years or so and it does look dinged up. How much of the stove do I have to take apart?

Those two plates I mentioned and the upper fireback (which the damper is connected to).
It's not too bad if none of the bolts snap while trying to remove them. Put anti-sieze on them when reassembling.

Status
Not open for further replies.