Resolute Acclaim problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

victorytea

Sep 5, 2007
I,m about ready to ditch this stove as I have replaced countless parts- very expensive parts. Am thinking of just removing the combustion package as it sells for well over 200 dollars and I have replaced it once in the 9 years I've had the stove. It is fragile and just breaks down with normal use. Has anyone else simply removed the combustion package and what effect did it have on the overall heating of the stove? Thanks- Paul

I bought my stove used this year and my package is in rough shape too but if I can get 4 years out of a new one I'm keeping this stove. I like it fine.
It just needs that and a ($50) fireback. Much cheaper than the new soapstone stoves that my wife has been eyeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.