Resolute Acclaim refractory ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MWelch2583

Oct 2, 2015
Merrimac MA
Just got a free Resolute Acclaim stove from my buddys father (yes, ive done the research and know theyre expensive/nightmare to operate). Was cleaning out the stove and had a ? about the refractory that the stove uses. Do the holes in the bottom of the refractory go all the way through front to back or do they just go in a little and then vent into the "box". Want to do the best job cleaning it but do not want to damage it from lack of knowledge about how it operates.

Thank you for your time

Welcome to the forums. Don't know about the VC refractory, but older Harman's (and in general) get very fragile and crumbly after only a few years use. So be very gentle in any cleaning, especially if using a vacuum... big hunks of the refractory may get pulled away along with ash and other deposits.

The holes in mine enter the box but do not go through it. While I can do a partial cleaning with refractory in place, mine cannot be well-cleaned without removing the whole assembly from the stove. I'm sure a VC owner will be along to help with your particular model.

Reactions: MWelch2583
Status
Not open for further replies.