Resolute Front Door Handle Extension

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyP

Jan 6, 2016
New Hartford, CT
I have the fallaway handle for the Resolute 2 (single drop down door), and I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket stove handle stores that will make a longer stud than the 4" one, allowing me to glue the fallaway handle to the stub without it heating up too hot to touch. I'd like the handle to stick out another inch or so to achieve this.

Thanks.

I'm not sure I'm following.... That handle is designed to be removed once the door is closed so it doesn't get hot. Stash it somewhere nearby.... The D-handle that came with my stove broke in year 1...35 years ago. VC sent me the removable version for no charge. (The original D-handle was a poor design.)

I'm not sure I'm following.... That handle is designed to be removed once the door is closed so it doesn't get hot. Stash it somewhere nearby.... The D-handle that came with my stove broke in year 1...35 years ago. VC sent me the removable version for no charge. (The original D-handle was a poor design.)
I dislike the fallaway handle because I find it a clumsy and inefficient design. I want a handle with a longer stud (holding the handle further away from the stove door), so I can keep a handle on full time, without having to remove it because it doesn't get as hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.