Resolute Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me the diameter and length of each of the gaskets used on a Resolute I model?. Much appreciated.
Send a PM to BrowningBar he knows lots about these stoves..

Ray

5/16" for door. The griddle depends: If it's a"raised griddle", that is it doen't sit flush w/ the top, then use the same 5/16". If it's a flush griddle, then get the fancy 5/16" armorseal stuff with the meatal wound around it. Armorseal doesn't work w/ raised griddle, but standard gasketing can work w/ flush graiddles. Just deosn't last as long. Is there glass? Use 5/8 or 3/4 adhesive tape. With the cast panel, 1/4" regular rope works fine. Careful removing old stuff, as they were still using asbestos in those days!

5/16" for door. The griddle depends: If it's a"raised griddle", that is it doen't sit flush w/ the top, then use the same 5/16". If it's a flush griddle, then get the fancy 5/16" armorseal stuff with the meatal wound around it. Armorseal doesn't work w/ raised griddle, but standard gasketing can work w/ flush graiddles. Just deosn't last as long. Is there glass? Use 5/8 or 3/4 adhesive tape. With the cast panel, 1/4" regular rope works fine. Careful removing old stuff, as they were still using asbestos in those days!
I'm replacing my solid Resolute 1 front with glass, 2 pieces. Should I use gasket all around those pieces, resulting in a gasket seam in the center between the 2 pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.