Resolute Porcelain Color

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VC husker

Nov 8, 2015
Lincoln, Nebraska
Hello Vermont Castings historians. I am considering acquiring what I think is a Resolute III, that has a rare porcelain color that I can't find anywhere else. The local dealers are saying it is a Granite Gray, but it obviously is not, it's way too light gray, almost powder blue. Since it has a number of poorly matched chips on the finish, I want to match the color (if at all possible) and make it look good as soon as it's in the house. I used to sell Vermont Castings many years ago with the guy who is selling it, but he is no longer a dealer and does not know the color name either. I cannot seem to figure out how to drag my photo from my library (on a mac) to this post to show the color to you. Any advice?

It was called Antique Gray at the time, but it has been long unavailable as a touch up paint color thru Vermont. Anything you did would be 'best match' as you can find it. Best suggestion would be use the darker (more recent Made-To-Order) Granite Gray touch up mixed with the older Sand color to create a custom mix, unless someone knows where to source the original.

It was called Antique Gray at the time, but it has been long unavailable as a touch up paint color thru Vermont. Anything you did would be 'best match' as you can find it. Best suggestion would be use the darker (more recent Made-To-Order) Granite Gray touch up mixed with the older Sand color to create a custom mix, unless someone knows where to source the original.

Thanks so much Tech Guru! After weeks of searching the web for like pics I have an answer. That makes sense because the local dealers were not able to find anything. I like your idea of blending the two colors, though Vermonts stuff is awful expensive. I actually found another Antique Gray stove for sale on ebay, know that I know the color name, and the pictures show a marked change in color when they are fired vs. cold. Will look forward to a cozy house this winter, and may seek your knowledge with other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.