Resolution to old thread My Glass Is Burnt - Thanks to everyone!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deesla

Feb 21, 2009
Southern NH
This is to give a lot of people an update on the resolution on my long thread in February that my glass was burnt. Harman stepped up to the plate after I disputed my credit cards. They sent a great dealer out, that being Home & Hearth in Hampton Falls, NH. We had a direct flame impingement. They also said our original installation was sloppy, there was no clean-out-t, there was no silicone under the (big plate outside), the flame guide was eroded and needed to be replaced, the door was replaced, and a can of paint was provided as the original dealer in Hooksett took ours prior to delivery of the stove. We were told by the techinal person at Harman that Dane Harman said the hopper extension was causing an air leak so we blocked the credit card and won that dispute. We were told that the Cheetah vacuum was only good for vacuuming hot ashes and wasn't strong, so we disputed that on Amex with original dealer and won. The original dealer came to our house to pick up the hopper extension and the Cheetah vacuum. As for the leak, we are not sure which of the above caused it, but the stove is running great. The door is heavier than the original door that came on the stove. We had Home and Hearth do the cleaning last month and I highly recommend them. As for who picked up the tab on the work, I don't know, but Home & Hearth did a fantastic job. The only good thing about our original dealer was his smile when he sold us our Harman stove. He had no knowledge or intention of ever servicing our stove. Thanks to everyone who gave me direction on the flame impingement! Dee

I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you and that you're able to enjoy the stove. :coolsmile:

+1! Cudos to the MFGR and to Home & Hearth in Hampton Falls, NH!!! Now that is customer service!

Status
Not open for further replies.