Restored 1971 stingray

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
Been helping my best friend restore his 71 vette, this is how we did. The paint is the only thing not redone yet because it still looks great, (paint is 20 years old)

enjoy

vette345.jpg

vette351.jpg

vette350.jpg

vette346.jpg

vette347.jpg

vette348.jpg

I know most folks don't tend to like the 1970s vettes, but I have to tell you I've always liked the look of them for some reason . . . especially the ones with the rear window like you have in the pictures.

Now the question is . . . do I have to pay anything if I call it a Chevy vs. a Chevrolet Corvette? ;) :)

Very cool! I have a 1971 war bonnet yellow Corvette in my garage! Your friends looks amazing. I wish myself (or my father who owns the car) had the time to work on his like this. You see very few Stingrays around these days...at least here in Michigan. Nice work. Very nice. Love it.

Sweet. Last year of the C3's I think are worth having. Gotta have the little chrome bumper, not the plastic one.

The car looks excellent, glad to see the nose isn't flexing. My brother's 69 roadster has stress fracturs above the front wheels and the tip was drooping off that pivot point. You can always tell at a glance by looking at the leading edge of the hood...if it doesn't line up with the front end, its probably the front end sagging.

mayhem said:
Sweet. Last year of the C3's I think are worth having. Gotta have the little chrome bumper, not the plastic one.

The car looks excellent, glad to see the nose isn't flexing. My brother's 69 roadster has stress fracturs above the front wheels and the tip was drooping off that pivot point. You can always tell at a glance by looking at the leading edge of the hood...if it doesn't line up with the front end, its probably the front end sagging.

The 72's were the last year with the front and year chrome bumper. 73 had a chrome rear, plastic front. 74 and on had no more chrome. And I agree, the 72 is the last year worth having of this generation!

I believe 71 was the last year you could still get a 454 in a Corvette and 74 was the last year you could get any big block in a Corvette...

Status
Not open for further replies.