restoring dovre 300H....question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj8986

Aug 10, 2013
OR/WA
Hello to all,

Newbie here although I've lurked for a bit as I have an insert that I've had to work on in the past and this sight has been great. My question.....As you can see from this photo I believe there are 2 spots for a flue/chiminey one in the rear and one on the top plate(laying on the ground) The rear is 6" and the top is 6.5". Can I cap the rear and get a mounting bracket for the top that I can attach a 4-6 foot chiminey? This stove will be going up to our cabin and will sit on our deck so it won't be in an enclosed area. I'd rather have the chiminey go straight up but if this is not possible and I have to use the rear.....no problem. If this is the case, I would want to cap/seal the top plate hole with something....I've been looking but have not found anything.
Answers- ideas are greatly appreciated. My apologies in advance if this is a really dumb question.
1002357_683890384974036_1500955954_n.jpg

Measure the inside of that top hole. If it is six inches or less the bead on a piece of Simpson 22 gauge stove pipe should land on that inside rim and you are in business.

After you cut out that bolt slot of course. And fab up something to block the flue outlet in the back. Or use a tee cap on the back.

so I went out and measured and the top hole inside is 6". Also noticed that the back hole has a collar and if I can get if off... it will fit the top piece. So then I would just need to cap the back. Thanks for taking the time and your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.