Restrictor Plate on the Englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireManDan

Mar 6, 2011
Scotland,CT
What does everyone have ther plate in the hopper positioned at for the size opening for feeding pellets to the hopper. The owner before me had it all the way out to the biggest opening. On tuesday i closed it to about halfway and currently put the Maine Wood Pellet in there and there small bits of pellets. Didnt really seem to affect anything so maybe i will just open it up before the next bag.

I've found that the restrictor plate in the hopper doesn't have much of an effect on the feed rate. You're better off playing with the LFF button to dial in your lower feed rate and then use the regular feed rate button to adjust the higher end. The only thing that the plate seems to do is to catch fines and prevent pellets from dropping in when the hopper is near empty.

Not seem to do much of anything for my stove.

If I were you, I'd place a call to Englander Tech Service and ask them where it should be set, and also when and why would you need to change it.

Ask for Mike Holton....he's the Senior Tech there, and also a member of the forum. Make sure to have make, model, and serial # handy when you call.

(800) 245-6489

Do the NASCAR drivers have to use an Englander restrictor plate at Daytona?

krooser said:

Dont know but you may have something there time to sell the idea! Haha

krooser said:

only Joe Nemachek who we sponsor at Daytona and a few other races in the sprint cup, and several Nationwide races as well

here's a picture of our CEO with the car at Daytona last year

I assume it`s simply additional way to control the feed rate if your pellets are abnormally long or short.
Of course this is simply an assumption on my part since I saw no difference running the stove with it partially closed or wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.