Review of Wood home heating DVDs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2009
Connecticut
Review:
This DVD is a very good resource for a intermediate level wood burner such as myself. The first DVD gave very good overview of safely and effectively burning wood to heat the space. The information that I found very specifically useful

1) types of wood burning units ( such as Stoves, Gassification boilers).
2) How to start a fire
3) How to minimize creosote ( Key point)
4) How to move wood inside the house
5) Safety
6) Tools

It has very useful tips of the trade that you don't read in the stove manuals. One example of that was to leave the stove door open till the fire gets going very well.

The second DVD has very good information about safely cutting, splitting and seasoning wood. The information that I specifically found very useful

1) Using a chain saw safely
2) Splitting using a maul/ Hydraulic splitter
3) Seasoning wood

The DVD was professionally done and the subject was well researched. I would recommend this DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.