Revisiting an old friend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Got the 12 running out in the barn today. Probably perfectly sized for the structure without any insulation. Will be overkill when I put up the dividing wall (framing is there already) and fully insulate the teensy little mancave.

I really loved this stove, it was my first and I made it work for me. BUT, now that I have used this 30 I wonder how the heck that little booger of a stove did anything more than warm the room it was in. The firebox is soooo small, and I have to relearn (already) how to burn without secondaries and a doghouse air system. The 12 has a nice air wash, but the air control ONLY let's air in above the door, this makes for a completely different burn

Anyway, glad I started with it, because it allowed me to buy a NEW stove and then have a "spare" for the barn.

Now I gotta cut more wood... Geesh.

That is the stove that just "appeared" at my house last year.. >:-(
I learned it and actually started to like it. I do however love my 30 and would not look back. That's great that you can use it for the new mancave. It will probably work well for that space.
Danno, you should post pics of the mancave when it is finished. Every guy should have his own mancave IMHO. :)

Guess it would be kinda cool to have a wood stove in my pole barn for those winter wrenching fests. What's a good used stove that radiates heat quickly?

woodmiser said:
Guess it would be kinda cool to have a wood stove in my pole barn for those winter wrenching fests. What's a good used stove that radiates heat quickly?
Wait and pick up one of the Englander 30's at the end of the season that beast should put out some major heat and cost just marginally more than a good used stove.

Danno, I've been thinking of putting a wood stove in our barn too. Certainly would make working out there a bit more comfortable. Good for you setting this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.