Rhino Liner & Snap Wrap Insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeave96

Minister of Fire
Apr 22, 2010
Western VA
Anyone have any experience with Rhino rigid liners and their Snap Wrap insulation for it?

Thanks!
Bill

Sorry No one here since November of last year has has an answer for you.

Rhino is made by "Everguard" and you can compare it to HeatFab.
They both claim a continuous laser butt weld construction of 24 ga. SS

As a matter of fact, I too would like to know the difference between the two, I guess how they mfg the ends would be the main difference. Not sure though

I know that Rhino's "snap wrap" is 1/2" vs. HeatFab 1/4" "saf-t wrap"

I went with the Rhino rigid liner and it is great. The wrap used on mine is not the 1/2 inch snap, but is traditional (for lack of a better word) 1/2 inch insulation held in place by wire, tape and glue. The installer used some spray glue to make the surface of the liner sticky to hold the insulation, overlapped the insulation and used tape to hold down the seam and then braided wire around the insulation to hold it onto the pipe.

One thing to remember is that 1/2 insulation is generally required for solid fuel - like wood. 1/4 inch insulation is generally for gas appliances - not wood.

Good luck,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.