1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Rhode Island Pellets? Cheapest and in stock right now?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by teamorange, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teamorange

teamorange New Member

Loc:
    RHODE ISLAND
    Just wondering if anyone has bought or has seen pellets in stock in the last couple of days anywhere and the prices? I haven't seen them less then $300 a ton, so just wondering?? Again this is just RI..

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. davevassar

davevassar Member

Loc:
    South Central MA
    Where did you see them? I'd like to try a few bags. Are they Hardwood?
  3. teamorange

teamorange New Member

Loc:
    RHODE ISLAND
    Well I only bought one ton so far and this about 3 weeks ago from HD. This was the one in Coventry. $300 a ton and they were Freedom Fuel. I am only on my second bag so far so I do not have anything to compare them too yet. But I am looking to buy one more ton which should get me through the Winter... So if anyone has seen pellets in stock in Rhode Island, please let me know. I am going to call a bunch of places today, I will let you know if I find them in stock...
  4. in-control

in-control New Member

Loc:
    Central Ma
    PelletDirect delivers to RI from Oxford MA. They are very good to work with and speciallize in this space.
  5. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Got a ton of Lignetics from TSC in Coventry last week. I know they still had their own TSC brand left (Orange bags with flame, made in Kentucky).
  6. toastyinri

toastyinri Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    try the Hd on rt.2 next to sam's club. I bought 4 ton at 259.00 per. in early sept(Fireside Premiums) call first before wasting a trip. if they are sold out just ask when the next delivery is and tell them to hold a ton for you. possibly at higher price though. sam's club has Pennington's for 5.88 per bag last time I was there (this Monday)...last year same brand at 4.88. They'll probably lower the price eventually if no one is buying.
  7. toastyinri

toastyinri Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Do they deliver? last time I was there I asked and girl said there was someone there with a truck who would. How does their brand burn?
  8. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    Don't know if they still have them now or not, but when I was in Lowes
    in Woonsocket on Tuesday, they had about 8-10 ton sitting inside the gates.
    I did not buy any as I don't need em, but they were selling them for
    $289.00 a ton.
  9. teamorange

teamorange New Member

Loc:
    RHODE ISLAND
    I just called the HD in Warwick on RT 2 and they have pellets in stock for $299 a ton. I am going to check them out to see what brand they are...
  10. richkorn

richkorn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    I don't know if they deliver, I picked mine up. I got Lignetics and haven't tried the TSC branded bags. They said customers like them though ($299/ton).
  11. Souzafone

Souzafone Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Freetown, Massachusetts
    There's a huge thread regarding these guys you obviously missed. I got my pellets from them, bought & paid in April, only received late in August after missing a couple of appointments with no call, only because I can be huge PITA to deal with when I've been stroked.
  12. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Are those the ones formerly known as "French Fuel"? Yeah, I know, but couldn't resist.
  13. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    I like your sense of humor...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.