Rhododendrons blooming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
Rhododendrons are blooming again. What a sight. Most of these are from cutting I made from holding a limb to the ground with the weight of a rock. It takes root. Cut the limb off and transplant! Some of the lighter color ones bloomed earlier
DSCF2682 (640x480).jpg
DSCF2684 (640x480).jpg
DSCF2685 (640x480).jpg
DSCF2686 (640x480).jpg
DSCF2687 (640x480).jpg
DSCF2689 (640x480).jpg

Thanks for sharing. I'd like to propagate some of ours.

I've bought several rhodies over the years . . . never could get them to take . . . I think it's the soil around my place. Lots of pine trees.

They are nice. The wild ones are just now starting to open up around here and the mountain laurels are in full bloom. As is with just about everything this year they are about 2 weeks early.

Our rhodies have just about finished blooming. This was a good year for them and brought on hummingbirds by flockload. Between the rhodies and the lilacs they were in seventh heaven. We have so many that I am going through about a quart of sugar water a day in the feeders. I've never seen it this intense.

Hello

Very nice!
You planted the Rhododendrons around your house and I planted the shed around the Rhododendrons !

Rhododendrons are over 25 years old, shed is less than 1 year old!

Attachments

• TRHShed430.jpg
    TRHShed430.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 147
  • TRHShed440.jpg
    TRHShed440.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 131
Nice to have the pictures. I took a mutiple light window and put pictures I have taken into each window pane. The blooms quickly pass by, but with those pictures, the memory goes on. Plus it inspires me to keep taking care of the plants even when not in bloom.

Some of the ones at our place. Also about 25 years old.
IMG_8127.JPG

Reactions: GAMMA RAY and save$
Exceptionally nice! Looks like you have a good view of them from the inside. Did you design the house?
Thanks but I can't take credit for the design. It was a fixer upper when we bought it 10 years ago and still has a long ways to go. I keep moving walls and fixing stuff that wasn't done right to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.