Rib Mountain Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Sep 17, 2010
N. Wis
Has anyone in Wis. tried them? They are new in Athens Wi. I am told. We sold our home which had our 08 Afton Bay and we just ordered a new P61A and they thew in 2 tons of these pellets (normally $185/ton) and with a new stove it will be hard to compare to last year using Uncle Jeds pellets which were very good.

New to me... hard to beat the Jed's softwoods although Bear Mountain's were better.

Jed's softwood is what I use also.

Were the Bear Mountains that much better then Jed's to offset the cost differential?

I have not heard of the Rib Mountain pellets.

Former Farmer said:
Jed's softwood is what I use also.

Were the Bear Mountains that much better then Jed's to offset the cost differential?

I have not heard of the Rib Mountain pellets.
Bear's probably had 1/2 of the ash and a little hotter flame... Jed's are good.... but the Bear's are better IMHO. This year Bear's were gone when I reserved my three tons so I got Western Elites which now are also all gone.

my buddy started out on bear mountains and when he switched to jeds he thought they were junk.
he said the had alot more ash and his door glass sooted up alot quicker.
he called and asked me what was up, I told him he got spoiled by starting out with the best pellet money can buy.

smoke show said:
my buddy started out on bear mountains and when he switched to jeds he thought they were junk.
he said the had alot more ash and his door glass sooted up alot quicker.
he called and asked me what was up, I told him he got spoiled by starting out with the best pellet money can buy.

Good thing he didn't switch to Marth hardwoods... he would have sliced his wrists...

I used Jed's softwoods as my primary pellet for three seasons... they are a good pellet but not the best I've used. If I only had UJ's to use I wouldn't complain though.

Hey Smoke Show, where are you located? I'm only a few miles away from Kunesh, in between Hofa Park and Isaar.

Looks like I will be the tester for the Rib Mountain Pellets, the Dealer in Tomahawk uses them in every stove and they looked fairly clean but maybe he cleans daily too.

Ridge said:
Looks like I will be the tester for the Rib Mountain Pellets, the Dealer in Tomahawk uses them in every stove and they looked fairly clean but maybe he cleans daily too.
Go for it...the pay ain't much but look at all that prestige...

Former Farmer said:
Hey Smoke Show, where are you located? I'm only a few miles away from Kunesh, in between Hofa Park and Isaar.
good grub at the Isaar Inn.
I'm actually between kunesh and anston(town of pittsfield)just north of the trap association.

Status
Not open for further replies.