Ricketts Glen State Park....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
Some pretty pics I wanted to share.....
Ricketts Glen is a great place to visit if ya get the chance....
(I had some better pics but they were taken vertically and I am not good at the resizing thang...)

Attachments

• ricketts 1.jpg
    ricketts 1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 528
  • ricketts 3.jpg
    ricketts 3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 516
  • ricketts 2.jpg
    ricketts 2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 610
  • ricketts 4.jpg
    ricketts 4.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 517
Definitely looks like a nice place to relax.

PapaDave said:
Did you take your saw, 'cause that log you're sitting on looks like firewood to me. :coolsmile:
Ha! I thought the same thing.......I did see some "sexy" woodpiles when we were near Eagles Mere (Ricketts Glen is on the way).....I did see a yard that had the most beautiful wood piles....very neat and tidy.....and probably can compete with Dennis'...I wanted to stop and take a pic but the guy was outside and he did not look like he would want me takin pics of his wood..... :lol: He was scary...
My mom and I have gone to a yearly craft fair in Eagles Mere for about the last 20 years....Dad and Mr Gamma went once...that was the end of that...

Looks like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing the pics.

pen

We hike around the falls every year at least once as we are only about 50 minutes away. When my knees were better (and I was a bit more insane) I use to hike around the falls(there are a lot of them!) in late Jan-Feb...beautiful when frozen on a sunny day but don't suggest you try it w/o at least crampons! I'll have to see if I have pics to post.
We still go up to Lake Jean a few times a year to kayak around the lake.

There is a place just outside the park that has had what appears to be at least a triax load of logs just sitting there for about a year. Looks like they cut some up and sell to the campers ...nice way to help pay for firewood.

Live about 15 -20 miles from there...
My soon to be fiancée and I at Ricketts

Attachments

• SAM_1049.jpg
    SAM_1049.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 347
  • SAM_1061.jpg
    SAM_1061.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 351
  • SAM_1040.jpg
    SAM_1040.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 336
A few more

Attachments

• PA 2010 020.jpg
    PA 2010 020.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 320
  • PA 2010 021.jpg
    PA 2010 021.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 304
  • PA 2010 026.jpg
    PA 2010 026.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 312
  • PA 2010 022.jpg
    PA 2010 022.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 316
  • PA 2010 015.jpg
    PA 2010 015.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 321
  • PA 2010 010.jpg
    PA 2010 010.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 323
  • PA 2010 017.jpg
    PA 2010 017.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 319
  • PA 2010 029.jpg
    PA 2010 029.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 310
Hogwildz said:
Live about 15 -20 miles from there...
My soon to be fiancée and I at Ricketts

Soon to be fiance? ??? Yee haw Hogz....freaking fantastic...good for you big daddy... :)

Great pics Hog . . . and a great looking gal . . . very happy for you both . . . looks like the bad times of the past have truly changed for the better.

GAMMA RAY said:
Some pretty pics I wanted to share.....
Ricketts Glen is a great place to visit if ya get the chance....
(I had some better pics but they were taken vertically and I am not good at the resizing thang...)

Nice pics Gamma! I use this program http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/ to resize and choose "medium" as the output.. Very easy to use and light on resources..

Ray

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Gamma. But thanks, She is in WA State, gonna make her a PA gal. She flies in Tuesday for a visit, and I am going to propose Wed.
Funny how life can change when you least expect it.
On a related note, I tried to hike the 7 miles stretch of the falls last summer, started late, didn't make it LOL. I maybe made 2 or 3 miles. Used to be able to do it no problem when I was in my 20's.
Now..... LOL, guess I am happy with 2 or 3 miles. And of course I had to take the hard route. Lesson learned.
Thanks all.

Congratulations Bro. Hope you have a lot of happiness in store!

Hogwildz said:
Didn't mean to hijack your thread Gamma. But thanks, She is in WA State, gonna make her a PA gal. She flies in Tuesday for a visit, and I am going to propose Wed.
On a related note, I tried to hike the 7 miles stretch of the falls last summer, started late, didn't make it LOL. I maybe made 2 or 3 miles. Used to be able to do it no problem when I was in my 20's.
Now..... LOL, guess I am happy with 2 or 3 miles. And of course I had to take the hard route. Lesson learned.
Thanks all.

Congrats and best wishes!

Ray

Hogwildz said:
Thanks all.

You can hijack my threads all you want hogz .... :) glad to see you around......good luck one Wednesday....but I don't think you will need it....you guys are a beautiful couple....(propose on one knee....I know its corny but it soooo gets us chicks.. ;-) )

GAMMA RAY said:
Hogwildz said:
Thanks all.

You can hijack my threads all you want hogz .... :) glad to see you around......good luck one Wednesday....but I don't think you will need it....you guys are a beautiful couple....(propose on one knee....I know its corny but it soooo gets us chicks.. ;-) )

Was planning on the traditional one knee. And will have a friend video tape it. I bought a new camcorder just for this.
The plan is take her to my fav bar/restaurant, and have a couple drinks, then have the bar owner act like he is interviewing customers on cam, then drop on knee and pop the big question.
Her and I have been discussing it for a while, but she doesn't know I am asking this visit.
4 more days till she arrives, then I will ask the next day. Although I am rough on the exterior, I am truly a romantic inside. LOL, strange, but true.

"I am truly a romantic inside. LOL, strange, but true."

Then the club comes out from behind your back.. Drag her by the hair to your shared cave.. Ugh Ugh! :)

Good Luck sounds like a great plan!

Ray

Hogwildz said:
Was planning on the traditional one knee. And will have a friend video tape it. I bought a new camcorder just for this.
The plan is take her to my fav bar/restaurant, and have a couple drinks, then have the bar owner act like he is interviewing customers on cam, then drop on knee and pop the big question.
Her and I have been discussing it for a while, but she doesn't know I am asking this visit.
4 more days till she arrives, then I will ask the next day. Although I am rough on the exterior, I am truly a romantic inside. LOL, strange, but true.

I knew you would be the romantic type...and I will bet you will be nervous as hell... :lol:
We will be lookin for maybes a pic or two after the event occurs dammit...don't disappoint us Hogz.... :)
Ain't love grand? I have known Mr Gamma for 27 years now...together 20 years and for how much we may get on each others nerves....and argue sometimes....I still love him to death....can't imagine being without him.... :)

What a beautiful place.

Now all we have to do is wait for the yes, two threads for the price of one......... :)

If I'm counting correctly....today(or yesterday) is the BIG day!?......and......??????

muncybob said:
If I'm counting correctly....today(or yesterday) is the BIG day!?......and......??????

Yeah Bob....yesterday was the day....that bugger hogz....just like him to keep us hanging...he must be "busy".....with other things... %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.