Riga Wood Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunny

Oct 16, 2013
S.E Michigan
Hey all. New to the site and mostly talk of wood splitting/chainsaws but question. I am from Michigan and a few years back I purchased a wood stove to install in my large detatched garage. (20 x 30 w/15 ft ceilings)
I was told by local ordinance I counld not install due to no manual or fire rating. Installed a new stove from TSC that is still burning to this day. My question is the stove I purchased from a private owner is approx. 2.5 x 2.5' w/2 front solid doors. No legs but still heavy as heck, of course goofy its heavy gage metal, 300-400 lbs. The stove has RIGA in large letters accross the front on like a metal plate. No other writing at all but has a oval chimney outlet. Not all that pretty but interested to find anything I can because I plan to install up northern MI in an outbuilding. I googled RIGA wood stove and I know Riga is a small town in MI that has a wood stove store but no manufacturer. Just trying this and then plan to call the store. All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No, I currently am in Afghanistan. My stove DOES NOT look like any of those pictures. Besides I believe Riga is just the model of the fireplace insert. Mine is a wood burning stove. Hey, thanks for trying to help Jeff. No big deal just curious about it.

I just purchased a home that has a "Riga" wood stove. Looks old but well maintained. Is this similar to what you have?

photo.jpg
stove2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.