RIGHT NOW in the R&D;Lab

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corie said:
This is a fun game....I may do this every time I start on a new stove design.

I'll give you hints......it's NOT your huge stove Hogz. And it's not a Morso.

It's non-catalytic. It's not all cast iron. It takes an 18" log.

It fits in our model line to replace one of our wood stoves.......

i think i am right its designed to compete with "prettier" stoves like jotul, hampton etc
"ITS NOT ALL CAST IRON" i think that was a hint ... maybe sides and top but not all to keep the cost down??????
"takes 18 inch log" could be anywhere between 2-3.0 firebox prolly 2.5-3 i am gonna say that the nc 13 is prolly its best selling stove .... soooooo going out on a limb they are gonna replace the 30 or whatever the big one is.. to get more revenue in the larger stove market...... many people like the big stove but wish it was more attractive .... the 13 for the price people don't care ...
i have a feeling that me being patient before buying my second stove is gonna payoff!!!!
cmon corie we won't tell!!!!!:))))))))))))))
but couldn't we have an exclusive before the offical release?????
how bout "real world testing" maybe send me one and let me "test it" for this winter and next:)

Corie, I thought you were an R&D;guy. This seems like a brilliant marketing ploy here!

Good analysis, Iceman. On that same note, could be the 12FP that leaves and would not be missed. If so, those folk with smaller homes and cabins could become happy campers.

If I'm reading the hints of the internal design correctly, it will replace the 13. And it will enable them, though the lowered manufacturing costs, to continue to offer it in the same price range. The single-rail secondary brings in real mfg cost savings. Front glass area will be bigger too. All good for sales.

Nah, too complicated. Keep it simple. Replace the three secondary tubes and all the exposed runners and associated welding with one rail across the back where it intersects the baffle. Make the firebox a little taller so more of the airwash comes in above-fire. Much simpler to build. And more reliable. And... noone will complain about the bigger fireview! :)

KWillets said:
It's a stove with a built-in calendar.

:lol: :lol: Good feature! :lol: :lol:

Whatever it is, they are moving in a new direction; looks and function: one might say she'll be a real looker! ;-)

The 12 has to be on the chopping block...I just know it. But from what I can tell this new stove looks cool...Corie I think you should send one to every interested member on Hearth to try out???

It looks like ceiling baffle plate does angle lower in the back of the stove than front end. Must be a replacement for 13NC or older similar models. What ever it is it does look like the next generation of wood burning stove, with supreme secondary burn characteristics...

Corie said:
Some are definitely on the right track....mainly Precaud and Firefighter. The 12's days should be numbered.

FIREFIGHTER29 said:
.Corie I think you should send one to every interested member on Hearth to try out???

So, if I am reading Corie correctly, everyone on Hearth.com is getting a stove???? :cheese:

Oh, maybe it was the 12 going away. darn.

Yup, the secondary action is very clear in the pic... Corie, sign me up for a field tester if you need one. I'll gladly put the Nestor Martin aside for it.

ok the 12 is outta here..
we have something to replace the 12 which will be prettier because the 13 is staying
basically the "new" 13 us that nice looking stove... and next year the 30 will be replaced with similiar styling??
I CAN'T WAIT
gotta think of some people who can get me inside that place for a "tour":)))))))))))))

iceman said:
ok the 12 is outta here..
we have something to replace the 12 which will be prettier because the 13 is staying
basically the "new" 13 us that nice looking stove... and next year the 30 will be replaced with similiar styling??
I CAN'T WAIT
gotta think of some people who can get me inside that place for a "tour":)))))))))))))

I have an idea for you. Since it is this close to Halloween, dress up like a Western Telegraph guy with special message from BB.

Hide the camera in your mail bag. :)

C'mon Corie,you'rekillin' me! For a second I thought you were updating my 28-3500 with non-cat secondary. ;) Please?
Larry

Ooops, forgot to say, congrats on getting it burning good!

Important question: are there any patent issues with this?

I was in home depot today. They are sold out of 30's, but had a 13 there and it had what looks like a different door. Larger framing & larger glass it seemed like. Not rounded corners but 90 degree corners instead.
The 12 was there also with standard door.

Alright Corie, that 12 would have had to of been driving you guys at ESW nuts like it did me at home as a former owner of one. I know Englander makes some good stuff as I have friends that have various models and like them. That 12 really was the sore spot of your line. (and I am sure you know that) I wish you guys at ESW the best of luck with its replacement. Cant wait to get my free sample on the door step to test drive LOL....I promise I will send it back after its fully tested with a full written report LOL.

Hogwildz said:
I was in home depot today. They are sold out of 30's, but had a 13 there and it had what looks like a different door. Larger framing & larger glass it seemed like. Not rounded corners but 90 degree corners instead.
The 12 was there also with standard door.

Think that it is no secret, that because of Hog`s location he is hoping for a nuke powered stove of some kind. Ugggh, uggh ;-)

I mean, he can tap into that stuff with ease--right?

Corie, whatever happened with this project - anything?

All I know is I'm going to be very mad if I just bought an out dated 13, When is the predicted release of said stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.