Rigid to flex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mj5001

Oct 15, 2011
United States
I can get 12' of flex 6" at a great price but need to extend the top about 3' with some rigid. I'll have a cleanout T as well on the bottom.

Will the flex go right over the rigid or do I need an adapter?

If it fits right over it, then fireplace caulk and screws to hold?

THANKS.

I'm buying the 12' rigid off craigslist and just so happens a piece of 36" duraplus liner is also for sale. Will the 12" flex install into the duraplus?

I have 22' or DV rigid to their flex at the bottom to go through the smoke shelf. No adapter is was needed.

Correction, I used Duraliner Rigid to Flex, . For the Duraplus Daksy is right, you will need an adapter.

That joint would have the male end pointing up but I guess that wouldn't be too big a deal as long as you seal it well...

Woody Stover said:
That joint would have the male end pointing up but I guess that wouldn't be too big a deal as long as you seal it well...

Geez. I would hope he'd turn it over BEFORE he installs it...

DAKSY said:
Woody Stover said:

Geez. I would hope he'd turn it over BEFORE he installs it...
:lol: I think he's installing the rigid above the flex...

:lol: I think he's installing the rigid above the flex...[/quote]

The female end will receive either the rigid OR the flex.
The male end will go into either one...

DAKSY said:
Woody Stover said:

So the rigid (crimped, I guess) fits all the way down past the 6.25" ID flex flare and into the narrower section to give you a snug fit, or do you have to deal with a 1/4" gap?

Woody Stover said:
DAKSY said:
Woody Stover said:

So the rigid (crimped, I guess) fits all the way down past the 6.25" ID flex flare and into the narrower section to give you a snug fit, or do you have to deal with a 1/4" gap?

You shouldn't have to crimp the downward end, but if it's is already crimped,
the top end of the crimp should bottom out at the intersection of the two diameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.