Rika austroflamm insert will not reignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Kennedy

Sep 17, 2012
NW CT
The last few days my rika insert will not reignite. Since this is my first season i have been trying different pellets.Platinum Fires (i liked them) Powerhouse hardwood (ok but a lot more ash )Right now i am burning Turman hardwood pellets,which burn awesome and have extremely low ash.(my preference so far) still have Barefoot to try
I have it set up with the thermostat pellet controller
In the evening it is at temperature (72) this temp keeps the entire house comfortable , then in the evening at bedtime I set it back to (68) this allows the bedrooms to be comfortable about (62-64)
Normally the house cools then as the stat reaches about 65-66 it reignites. The last few Days the pellets drop into the burn pot but do not ignite.if I empty the burn pot of pellets and cycle it off then back on it ignites and runs perfectly.
I have been very diligent about cleaning
Am I missing something , any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.