Rika - Integra II - Noisy Vibration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletstoveNY

Feb 9, 2016
NY
Hi, we are getting a very noisy vibration about every 12-20 seconds. Sometimes pellets drop quietly and other times a very noisy buzzing vibration noise. Any idea as how to remedy this? thanks.

Hi
Hopefully others will chime in ... First guess is the Auger . If your hearing the noise every 12-20 secs the auger may be rubbing on something every 3rd or 4th pellet drop . Have you taken the auger cover off? Empty the pellet hopper (use a cup or similar ) use a vacuum if needed so you can see the very bottom of hopper and the lower part of auger . If nothing looks amiss take the cover off and see if any thing odd is going on under the cover. Sometimes pellets bags have a foreign object (little rocks, odd shaped pellet) . May have happened in this case.

If nothing turns up the auger itself may have issues.

Keep in mind all I suggested is a guess. Hope that gets you going in right direction.
This may help if you do not have the manual. Not much but its something... page 9

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/795322/Rika-Integra-Ii.html?page=9#manual

Reactions: FirepotPete
Hi
Hopefully others will chime in ... First guess is the Auger . If your hearing the noise every 12-20 secs the auger may be rubbing on something every 3rd or 4th pellet drop . Have you taken the auger cover off? Empty the pellet hopper (use a cup or similar ) use a vacuum if needed so you can see the very bottom of hopper and the lower part of auger . If nothing looks amiss take the cover off and see if any thing odd is going on under the cover. Sometimes pellets bags have a foreign object (little rocks, odd shaped pellet) . May have happened in this case.

If nothing turns up the auger itself may have issues.

Keep in mind all I suggested is a guess. Hope that gets you going in right direction.
This may help if you do not have the manual. Not much but its something... page 9

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/795322/Rika-Integra-Ii.html?page=9#manual

thank you. I will pass this along. I was doing research for our family.

Status
Not open for further replies.