Rika Integra II sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schmeg

Feb 5, 2008
Central Maine
Just got a smokin hot deal at pellethead,com on an insert. 2250. shipped. They have pre-fired
units and new in crate units, both freesatnding and insert. no warrantee. It seemed like a deal hard to pass on.
When I placed the order, the sales rep stated that the pre-fired unit was run for a couple of days
and a fair this summer.

Their website doesn't provide a link to used/demo stoves for sale and the dancing duo are in the way. Do you have to call them for these deals?

Bkins

Bkins said:
Their website doesn't provide a link to used/demo stoves for sale and the dancing duo are in the way. Do you have to call them for these deals?
Bkins
Yep, the dancing duo are a pain.....here's the direct link to the Austroflamm page....pre-burned units are about 1/2 way down

www.pellethead.com/AustroFlamm.htm

like this offer; free shipping too.
from the price it is a real great deal,
the no warranty can be discussed, more an issue for people with two left hands.
The dealer is listed as a rika dealer on the distributor's web site. So why no warranty.....
I know Europeans like to keep their dealers on a short leash.
It would be interesting to know why this price drop.

I know as a Rika dealer that I don't see how they are selling them for that amount, other than they bought them all last year when they demand was large and the distributor told them that they ordered it and they are not allowed to back out on the order so they are selling to move them not for profit.

That's what I was told. My sales rep said they ordered a stinkload thinking they would move a lot of them during the
pellet stove craze. Now they just want to get rid of them. I'm sure there is no warrantee because it would be impossible
to do so from long distances. There may be more to it. I chose one that is burned in to preclude anything wrong from
the factory. Who knows, it could be a living nightmare, or trouble free. For that kind of scratch, I'll take my chances.

I chose one that is burned in to preclude anything wrong from
the factory
like that idea, as if something is wrong or goes wrong it will be on the beginning. The stoves from Rika are normally known to be of very good quality.
For that price you can't go wrong.

The absolute worst problem is that they are using last years list pricing and this years list price is around 4700, so also as a dealer I look even worst, but that is what Rika tells me list price is and I might buy from them too cause it is less than I can buy it from Rika.

You bought that stove from my dealer Earth Sense Energy Systems. Having a pre-fired unit is to your advantage as they test burn every stove they sell and get it right before the customer installs it.... I think every dealer should do that.

I saw a big stack of those stoves in their warehouse when I picked up my pellets a couple weeks ago...

Be assured that Lucky Distributing, the importer of the RIKA product, had nothing to do with Pellet Head getting their stoves. These were bought direct from RIKA against Lucky's suggestion and now they are dumping the product on the market, hurting all the other dealers who sell this product. Pellet Head is supposed to sell only in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. Obviously they did not not live up to that agreement.

CSCPeter said:
I know as a Rika dealer that I don't see how they are selling them for that amount, other than they bought them all last year when they demand was large and the distributor told them that they ordered it and they are not allowed to back out on the order so they are selling to move them not for profit.

The manufacturer had nothing to do with this. Pellet Head is supposed to only be selling in Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin. They are selling in other states against the will of the manufacturer and against the will of the legitimate importer Lucky Distributing.

Franks said:
whoo hoo, another manufacturer circumnavigating their dealer network!

If I was a Rika dealer every stove in my inventory would be on Ebay at a loss and I would find a new stove line

Earth Sense Energy is no longer listed on the Rika dealer listing on the Distributor's website.

pelletfan said:
like this offer; free shipping too.
from the price it is a real great deal,
the no warranty can be discussed, more an issue for people with two left hands.
The dealer is listed as a rika dealer on the distributor's web site. So why no warranty.....
I know Europeans like to keep their dealers on a short leash.
It would be interesting to know why this price drop.

For allowing the same product I sell in my showroom to be sold at below my cost outside of that dealers sales territory. I sell Hearthstone, Regency, Enerzone, Paromax and Kingsman in my showroom. Not one of those manufacturers allow internet whoring of their products.

Lucky Didn't allow it either. ESES has done this against their agreement that they would only sell through their established dealer base in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. They knew the deal when they bought the product direct from RIKA, but now they are not being honorable and are going against that agreement.

Franks said:
For allowing the same product I sell in my showroom to be sold at below my cost outside of that dealers sales territory. I sell Hearthstone, Regency, Enerzone, Paromax and Kingsman in my showroom. Not one of those manufacturers allow internet whoring of their products.

Hey, look at the positive side. If those Rika`s are that good then a few of em out in the field should (theoretically) help increase sales. Exposure is always good.(if the product is)
Dell Point pellet stove seems to have the same problem getting exposure. I`d sure like to see a Dell Point running somewhere in my area. That stove intrigues me but alas , I`m not buying a pig in a poke.
So there`s not much point in blackballing them from your showroom. The guy bought em legitimately and the stoves are now his property to do with whatever he feels like.
Not only that but few if any might be sold in your area of franchise and if they are in fact sold in your area, who knows ? You might get a chance to service them in the future and recoup some of what you felt was taken from you.

There's always two sides to the story... If Earth Sense is no longer a Rika dealer I don't think there would be anything preventing them from selling these stoves at ANY price.

Status
Not open for further replies.