Rika Integra II Thermostat capability? Just on/off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ9

Dec 2, 2013
MA
I just installed a thermostat on my Austroflamm Integra II using the 2 terminals on the #9 port. It seems when the thermostat clicks off, the pellet stove shuts down. Then when the thermostat clicks on, the stove goes through the long startup cycle again. With a +/- 1 deg temp swing, it doesn't work very well.

Am I missing something?

Or is there a way to make the stove run at maybe 0% or 5% (sort of an idle setting but keep the flame going) when the thermostat tells it to stop heating?

No, you're not missing anything - that's the way it works. I was disappointed when I got my new Integra last year. My mid 90's Integra works the other way, probably because it does not have the auto igniter.

Yep lakensea is right.On the old stoves the thermostat cuts the dial setting by 50%.On the new ones it turns it on and off,hence the warning to service and clean more often,If you use the built in timer system you can adjust stove to stay on,in a low burn,instead of going compleatly out.It's a european thing.

There is a misunderstanding on the thermostat capability on the newer Rika / Austroflamm pellet stoves.

There are two thermostat options for stoves built after approximately Summer 2008. (OMNI Tag serial number will begin with digits 32 for Integra II free standing, 42 for Integra II inserts, and 50 for The Visio). Lucky calls these "T9" versions because the thermostat plugs into terminal 9 on the control board.

Thermostat Option 1
This has been part of the Rika line since it was first re-introduced in 2006. This is a fixed 4 wire wall mount thermostat that plugs into terminal 3. Once installed, the LED pad on the stove no longer functions and all control is now done at the thermostat. This is a proprietary thermostat offered by Rika that has multifunction capability that includes:

1. A freeze protect mode designed to provide maintenance heat to prevent pipes from freezing.
2. An automatic mode that will modulate the the output level. However, it will still ultimately shut down if the unit doesn't call for heat after a certain period of time. It will then restart when the call is eventually made.
3. Thermostat with simple on/off function similar to the "T9" thermostat method.
4. A manual mode - operation is completely controlled by the wall mounted LED that operates just like the built in stove LED.
5. Timer mode - again, just like the built in function, but with the added ability to incorporate the modulating method of the automatic mode.

Thermostat Option 2
This was introduced, by dealer and consumer request, in mid 2008 as an alternate to Option 1. This thermostat offers simple on/off capability. This is a 2-wire connection that plugs into terminal 9.

Lucky recommends using the SkyTech SMART BATT III or SMART STAT III thermostats for the T9 option.

Both thermostat options are available on the "T9" boards. The Rika thermostat option is the only option on non-T9 boards.

Reactions: AJ9
I found a thermostat with adjustable swing so it can control to +/- 3 deg instead of +/- 1 (LuxPro). What type of connector is needed to attach to terminal 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.