Rika Integra Insert Rails / Slides / Feet ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ9

Dec 2, 2013
MA
Installing a Rika Integra Insert now on my raised brick hearth. I noticed there are no feet nor rails under the metal flat bottom of the insert. Should there be?

Right now I'm sliding it in and out to fit the pipes on 2 pieces of markerboard, which slides easy. Once I take the markerboard out and have the stove right on the brick, I can see it being very hard to slide. it is very heavy.

Any suggestions for sliding it for servicing?

Yes. I leave them in place. Lift the stove, have your wife slide them under the edges. If your alone use a small pry bar or large screw driver. Make adjustments as you see fit.
This is my first year with the Integra, Working like a champ so far.
My cat, purr's louder then this thing.

Good Luck

Reactions: AJ9
Just and update. That worked perfectly!!!! The stove is up and running now. Next summer I may design a rail system for the stove. If I get to doing that, i'll take pics and post for others.

Just and update. That worked perfectly!!!! The stove is up and running now. Next summer I may design a rail system for the stove. If I get to doing that, i'll take pics and post for others.

I 'd be interested in what you come up with, when you build a rail system. Post the pictures !

Glad to hear the sliders work for you. One of the reasons I went with the Rika was the weight. After reading the forums and seeing the need to clean pellets stoves often. I wanted something I could handle on my own. Even so, before adding the sliders the stove was still difficult, with an assist from the sliders I'm up for the task.

Gotta like all that glass on the stove ! I clean the glass everyday. Even if the pellets I use hardly fog it up.( Some do, some do not.) Worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.