Rinnai ES 38 Question-converting from NG to LP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Comanche79p

Dec 12, 2012
I have been searching on line and cannot find a conversion kit from natural gas to LP for the Rinnai E38.
Can someone tell me where to find one and what is involved in the conversion?
The instruction book says it can be done, but cannot find anything about it.

Thanks

I have been searching on line and cannot find a conversion kit from natural gas to LP for the Rinnai E38.
Can someone tell me where to find one and what is involved in the conversion?
The instruction book says it can be done, but cannot find anything about it.

Thanks

The manual also indicates that the conversion kit is supplied with the unit. You might have to contact a dealer. I have no experience with the Rinnai units, so the conversion kit may be different from what you would find stateside. Here, the conversion kit would include a Pilot orifice, Burner orifice, Regulator head, Tell you what the Air shutter adjustment is for the fuel in question & the conversion sticker for the rating plate...

DAKSY
I was hoping you would respond. Thanks
I think I will call their 800 number tomorrow and see what they say. A friend of mine has a NG unit that he wants to sell at a fraction of the cost of new and I firured it might be worth buying it and converting it to LP. There are no Rinnai dealers close to where I live.

DAKSY
I was hoping you would respond. Thanks
I think I will call their 800 number tomorrow and see what they say. A friend of mine has a NG unit that he wants to sell at a fraction of the cost of new and I firured it might be worth buying it and converting it to LP. There are no Rinnai dealers close to where I live.

Ask him if he's still got the kit. It may be in the bag with his manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.