Rinnai propane space heater conversion to natural gas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gangsplatt

Mar 26, 2008
Plattsburgh, NY
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it seemed like the most logical forum based on forum description.

I've found a Rinnai RHFE 1004FA that is being sold as propane unit but would like to use it with natural gas. Anyone now if this is possible? If so how difficult/expensive?

I'd have put it in the Gas forum but as long as you asked...

According to the O&M;manual which I found here:

http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/manuals/rhfe1004fa.pdf

there is a generic note to contact the dealer. Looking through the parts list on page 50, I found item #853 is a conversion kit to NG and a manual #851. Sometimes you have to change the whole valve, but it looks to me like you can just change the orifices and readjust a regulator or something. See if you can find someone selling Rinnai parts and check with them. I wouldn't expect to pay more than $50 for the whole deal and $10-20 would be more reasonable.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.