RIP Leonard Nimoy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warm_in_NH

Minister of Fire
Dec 17, 2013
central NH or N.E. CT.
IMG_20150227_162643.jpg

I remember Star Trek being on past my bed time, and I would sit at the top of the stairs, just far enough down the steps so I could see the TV in the living room. Funny, my Mom never, ever once caught me, never came near the stairway either when it was on ;)

t'Pau : "Live long and prosper, Spock."

Spock: "I shall do neither. "

If not for Spock that series wouldn't have made it past season two. Because of him it is the stuff of TV legends.

Reactions: Dix
My Mom's favorite quote "I had hoped to be spared this."

An entire generation stood in front of mirrors trying to do that Vulcan salute. Any one of them that says they didn't try is lying. >>

And yes, I still can do it.

latest

Reactions: jharkin and Dix
I can do the eye brow ;)

"In the blessing, the Kohanim (a high priest of a Hebrew tribe) makes the gesture with both hands, and it struck me as a very magical and mystical moment. I taught myself how to do it without even knowing what it meant, and later I inserted it into “Star Trek.” There was a scene in one episode that needed something. People were seeing other members of the Vulcan race for the first time, and I thought it called for a special gesture."

Outta my limits of "like", BB., for today.

Reactions: BrotherBart
Fascinating.
He lived a long and prosperous life.

I think I have seen every Star Trek at least 3 times. Spock was my favorite. He was such a talented person. Besides being a great actor, he was a musician, a very good photographer and a humanitarian. He also had a good sense of humor. I love one of the last commercials he did for Audi.

Bilbo reference. Anyone remember this one?

Reactions: Dix
That show was the ONLY one I never wanted to miss in the late 60s. My USAF Dad was stationed at Griffiss AFB in Rome, NY & we were going to my grandmother's house in Troy for Thanksgiving in 1966. The Menagerie Part II was scheduled for that Thursday night (24 November), but the show wasn't carried on the local NBC affiliate in the Capital District of NY.. I staged a mini-protest, refusing to go because I'd miss the show. Needless to say, as a 14-year-old, my protest lasted about an hour before Dad marched me to the car & we headed out. I finally got to see it in reruns. You DID live long & prosper, Spock. Gonna miss you, you green-blooded, pointy-eared alien...

Star Trek was one of the first shows I saw on a color TV. That series started a lifelong love for science fiction reading and movies. Leonard was a very convincing actor, I will miss him.

First TV star that I liked.
Star Trek was one of the first shows I saw on a color TV. That series started a lifelong love for science fiction reading and movies. Leonard was a very convincing actor, I will miss him.
Yup- it was the first show I really liked in the early 70's. Add to that one of my favorite bands ever, and you end up with one of the best things on the interwebz

Status
Not open for further replies.