RIP Nicky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Been a tough couple of weeks, Mom home, but in the hospital, the weather, et al

Then yesterday, we lost Nick's Pretender at the barn. Not my horse, but about as close as you could get.

He went down in a stall, and couldn't get up. It wasn't pretty, to say the least.

RIP Nicky The Fish, you can finally escape out the gate as I try to get to the manure pile.. At 33 years old, you deserve it.

10990912_814441308593123_1456842494958242867_o.jpg

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Sorry to hear Dix, I know it's been a tough winter for ya. 33 is a long life, and I'm sure knowing you helped make it a good one for him.

Sorry to hear about his passing Dix. That is sad news. 33yrs is quite old. He obviously was well loved and cared for.

:(

:( So sorry Dix...

Sorry to hear about Nicky. He had plenty of TLC getting to 33 yo...

Hope Mom is holding her own.

Not my horse, but about as close as you could get.
Maybe Nicky the Fish would disagree - animals have a tendency to pick their people sometimes, even though us silly humans think its the other way around. When that happens it speaks volumes about you. I dont know a thing about horses, but horse, dog, cat, whatever it is, when you lose them it hurts like crazy. My condolences....

Ah Dix, I'm so sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing a bit about Nicky the Fish. I don't know a lot of horses, but I think Nicky the Fish is an awesome name for a horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.