RMND units - a pattern to which ones overtemp?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

I ask because it sounds like 13(GreenFire) overtemps regularly. There is a new guy here (Seton) that is overtemping (may be air in the system though). I (GreenWood) only overtemp with electric outages. I have no dump zone.

Trying to figure this out. What's the pattern?

Is there a difference between Seton, Adobe, GreenWood and GreenFire that allows this difference in operation?

Is there a difference based upon whether the units are open or closed?

Jimbo

91220da said:
A couple of days after I installed I was getting super heated conditions very quickly. Called the dealer at the time (This Warm House) Mansfield PA. They suggested a larger circulator pump. Changed from a 007 to an 011 and have never come close to a boil over since. Had to keep the water moving faster or higher volume to grab the heat out of the internal exchange tubes. Just my 4 cents. Damn inflation.

Hmmm . . .

So I go check mine . . .

0010-F3 out on the GW
007-F5 on the inside loop

And now I remember that the 007 WAS on the GW, but we switched it out with the 10 and brought the 007 inside.

Maybe we're on to something? I wish I knew even just a little bit about plumbing and flow . . . cause I've often wondered if changing the flow rate based on the water temp would let the unit heat up faster on startup. I think if you could speed up the flow enough, you could keep the damper open more.

Anyway . . .

I would expect that you need to keep the flow moving right along with this water tube boiler. Thats the downside, the + is that this should pick up heat quite nicely, it's an interesting design. Maybe that fancy variable speed Grundfoss would be just the ticket for this boiler, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.