Rocket Stove Riser Tube, Creating a Vortex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsBrew

Minister of Fire
Apr 21, 2013
Wish I could try this one out.

Thanks for the suggestion, begreen. In my opinion, the folks at permies & donkey32 are too set in their ways. They tend to be old fashioned and easily dismiss change. Heck, I'm a less mass & round riser kind of gal and they still focus on square risers with huge benches.

You are stuck with me. I like you guys! :) Again, this is my opinion.

I will in the future. Right now I am renting a farmhouse which is limiting. I am also at the beginning stage of studying metalworking.

I will in the future. Right now I am renting a farmhouse which is limiting. I am also at the beginning stage of studying metalworking.

Obviously - you are not afraid to scratch your nail polish.;)

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Hi folks,
I like the idea of a spin to the flame in a rocket stove.
Did a bit of an experiment myself with a rocket stove/Swedish candle, drilled a 2" hole down the length of a softwood round and a hole near the bottom to meet it, made a great tall flame and think it lasted a bit longer than a Swedish candle with the usual chainsaw cuts. What do you think ? -
Photo0299.jpg

Reactions: ScotO and semipro
One neat thing I found with it was I could control the burn by turning the hole into or away from the wind :)

I had to actually google "swedish candle". Lol. I learn something new every day.

Reactions: Billybonfire
why has noone invented the Swedish Candle with beer holder attachment? Am I missing something here? We might even call it a Beer Holder with Swedish Candle Attachment...no?

Reactions: DevilsBrew
why has noone invented the Swedish Candle with beer holder attachment? Am I missing something here? We might even call it a Beer Holder with Swedish Candle Attachment...no?

Thought you guys liked cold beer :)

Why the "wish". Dig a hole in the back yard and get to work.:p

I have been thinking about it since your post and now I am going to try to build a tiny grover rocket stove pizza oven made out of bricks this summer. The build will be temporary and easy to put together and take apart. I have seen ones like it on youtube. I won't need any mortar and can use steel mesh or cast iron grates to reinforce the top.

Thanks for the push, man.

This reminds of going to car shows and there is always that one guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.