Rocky Mountain $3.16 a bag or $158.00 a ton!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadfoot

Dec 30, 2009
S.E. Oklahoma
I just got back from Southerlands in Ft. Smith. I bought 1 ton of Rockies for $197.50. Little did I know today was 20% back on my family and friends card = 3.10 per bag. By the way, the sale ends the end of this month and the pellets go back up to $4.99 a bag.
I'm a happy panda :)

Now you are teasing us New Englanders. Best prices I have seen locally is $240/ton(NEWP and Lake Regions) ACP's are going for $235/ton. I heard of $219/ton for Okanagan's just to far to travel for me. Squire Lumber somewhere in Mass by the way.

Yes I would get as many as I could stuff in my shack!

Really didn't mean to rub it in your face, well, maybe just a little :)

$158/ton for Rockies??? WOW!!!!! Yes, I am VERY jealous. :sick:

You didn't "pig out" and buy more than 1 ton??? SHAME!!

macman said:

Our winters are not too bad here most of the time. I wanted another ton but the wife was with me so I wasn't getting much support. I will go back before the end of the month when shes at work. I hope I catch another 20% day.
Looks like I may be cleaning some storage buildings :)

Leadfoot said:
macman said:

Our winters are not too bad here most of the time. I wanted another ton but the wife was with me so I wasn't getting much support. I will go back before the end of the month when shes at work. I hope I catch another 20% day.

Now your getting the hang of it! Even if you don't need them this year. You will need them next year. As long as you keep the dry. They will be just fine!

We'll make a piggy out of you yet!

Leadfoot said:
I just got back from Southerlands in Ft. Smith. I bought 1 ton of Rockies for $197.50. Little did I know today was 20% back on my family and friends card = 3.10 per bag. By the way, the sale ends the end of this month and the pellets go back up to $4.99 a bag.

Can ya fill a boxcar and send 'em my way?

jtakeman said:
Leadfoot said:
macman said:

Now your getting the hang of it! Even if you don't need them this year. You will need them next year. As long as you keep the dry. They will be just fine!

We'll make a piggy out of you yet!
Thats what I was trying to tell her, then she tells me I have fence to build, I need to make a "pretty" place to put the stove, run pipe and blah blah blah...

I tried to explain how much more room we had left on the trailor too. She still didn't bite.
pellets.jpg

hossthehermit said:
Leadfoot said:

Can ya fill a boxcar and send 'em my way?

Thats not a bad idea. I was thinking if there was a flatbed 18 wheeler heading that direction dead headin (empty) it could be a good deal for a group if they lived close enough. There are brokers all over who find loads for empty trucks going home. That would be a 25 ton load.

No need to be sorry, what I was saying is: I've see some drivers (independents) make loads for almost fuel cost alone and happy to ge it if it was a load going home and no other load was to be had.
Yes indeed, I will be going back to get another load or two before the sale ends. I have storage for 8 or 9 ton but don't think I want to unload that by hand.
Oh, I know thats the truth. We're seeing some hard times, what real shame.

Leadfoot said:
No need to be sorry, what I was saying is: I've see some drivers (independents) make loads for almost fuel cost alone and happy to ge it if it was a load going home and no other load was to be had.
Yes indeed, I will be going back to get another load or two before the sale ends. I have storage for 8 or 9 ton but don't think I want to unload that by hand.
It's not just independent truckers hauling for nothing these days...

jtakeman said:
Now you are teasing us New Englanders. Best prices I have seen locally is $240/ton(NEWP and Lake Regions) ACP's are going for $235/ton. I heard of $219/ton for Okanagan's just to far to travel for me. Squire Lumber somewhere in Mass by the way.

Yes I would get as many as I could stuff in my shack!

at that price maybe you should rent trailer and make the trip..... the store isnt "that" close to me either... but sheeeeeeeeeet when i heard 219 ..well lets just say you know what i am burning now!
they also give you 30 days to pick all of it up... i am sure if you told them you were coming from conn they would extend it for you

Nice truck Leadfoot, you are a smart man!

Nice trailer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.