Rocky Mountain Pellets vs. American Wood Fiber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexei27

Jun 29, 2008
eastern LI
Assuming the same price...which would you recommend. I did a search through the forum and its tough to get a consensus either way...so I figure I'd ask specifically.

It's a matter of pelletsales.com with rocky mountains for $305....or a local dealer with AWF for $299. Delivery is about even. Thanks!!

Reactions: stillersnut
Burned both....My pick would be Rocky Mountain

I burned about 30 bags of Rocky Mountain last winter.... LOVED them.... very good heat and very little ash.

Rocky Mountain for sure...best I have burned, but can never find them in this area. Hot with low ash, great bag with handle as well.

Alexei,

I just had three tons of lignetics delivered from Agway for 298 a ton. They are also have bayou, spruce and an agway branded hardwood pellet - not sure of the original manufacture. I bought the lignetics since they seem to have an ok rep from what I have been able to research - I burned country boy last year but the supplier wanted 329 as a "pre-season" price so I passed

Yes...I just talked to Agway yesterday about the Lignetics. The only issue is they want $80 for delivery...making Lignetics about $330 a ton. The rocky mountains are $310 a ton delivered.

I used lignetics last year...had great results and definitely recommend them. I'll probably just spend the extra $$ and go with Agway...keep it somewhat local anyway.

Thanks for the post!!

There is no question, we get totally ***** on pellet prices here on LI compared to what others pay. I often question whether I should have just got a classic wood burner. A pellet stove won't be much help during a power outage from a hurricane or ice storm. Oh well, I will give it another year. I wonder what it would cost if some of us pooled resources and rented a truck from Home Depot next year to save on delivery costs, but then we would still have the problem of getting them off the truck without a lift gate or pallet jack

jjdesch said:
There is no question, we get totally ***** on pellet prices here on LI compared to what others pay. I often question whether I should have just got a classic wood burner. A pellet stove won't be much help during a power outage from a hurricane or ice storm. Oh well, I will give it another year. I wonder what it would cost if some of us pooled resources and rented a truck from Home Depot next year to save on delivery costs, but then we would still have the problem of getting them off the truck without a lift gate or pallet jack

rent a penske truck or a u haul with a lift gate and a pallet jack.

burned a ton of rocky's last year , was a good performer, i have not burned the other brand mentioned so i cant give comparison , but rocky mountain pellets i burned last year were good product , i liked em.

You can't go wrong with Rocky Mountain Pellets. They were in my top 3 last year. Just couldn't find them. I bought the last 15 bags at Home Depot in South Portland last year. They never received anymore after that. If you have some that you can buy,I highly recommend them.

Lowes on Long Island are STOCKED with Pellets. I've seen three different brands not sure on how they burn. Clean Energy, Tiny Timber and not sure of the third name off the top of my head. They are being sold by the bag for $5.96 ea. Not sure what the ton price is. Take advantage of the early availability.... Don't worry, I am already stocked for the season with Energex, so I am not buying out the Lowes strock!

Status
Not open for further replies.