Rocky Mountains/Somersets at $3.99/bag or Penningtons at $3.59/bag

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Which would you choose???

• Penningtons @ $3.59/bag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Pencil

Oct 30, 2008
Tipp City, Ohio
Received another sale ad from Menards offering Pellets at $3.99/bag.
The Menards near me has Rocky Mountains and Somersets.

Lowes matched plus gave me 10% off last time so I thought I might do it again.
Lowes near me carries Penningtons at $5.97/bag but with the match plus will bring it down to $3.59

To me its a toss up as all three has their good/bad points.

I am currently burning the Rocky Mountain pellets....
Have about 1/2 ton burned so far....
one of the best pellets I have ever burned.
worth the extra money ....considering that is a good price on them...at least around these parts.

Rocky Mt at that price is good. Good pellet no to much ash, I did find it to be a little dirty on the glass though.

Being that I am from Lawrenceburg, KY which is near Somerset, We burn Somerset pellets. At least last year we did. This year we are burning Country Boy Pellets, from Southern, KY. I think the Somerset Pellets are hotter and a little more efficient because of the lesser amount of ash when burning. Country Boy is real close. Temps have been down in the upper teens and I've remained on level one setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.