Rocky Mountains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flammam

Feeling the Heat
Dec 29, 2007
Western, Ma.
I am ten bags into my pallet of rocky mountains. I have to say I am VERY impressed very low ash and high heat. What else can you ask for???

I picked up some of them last year from Tractor Supply and thought they were pretty decent. They are a softwood pellet if I remember correctly.

I think they are awesome. Wish I had some more of them. I can't find any this year in Maine.

Yep the Rocky Mountain pellets are softwood from beetle killed pine trees in Colorado. They're a pretty good pellet if you can find them.

I "lucked into" 70 bags on Craigs List during the summer from a lady who decided she didn't know how to operate her pellet stove.

$300 for 70 bags = $214.50 /ton :)

Just goes to show you that you have to keep your eyes open, even in the summer.

Bought 3 tons this year from Tractor Supply - I am also impressed.

No fines - less ash - and WAY more heat than the super premium hardwood that I had been burning. The glass in the Harman Advance stays cleaner, and has no brown "goo" - just gray "dust".

No clinkers, easier starting, and they smell good too !

My only complaints are:
The handle that they built into the bag - it is no use as I carry them on my shoulder.
It also requires me to open the bottom of the bag, unless I want really short trash bags.
There is no big bag over the pallet - poor weather protection - and the shrink wrap was not able to hold the top bags securely in place.

I will buy more - I won't tell you what I paid, because you will cry - but remember, Tractor Supply matches prices !!!

603BOB said:
I won't tell you what I paid, because you will cry - but remember, Tractor Supply matches prices !!!

Don't be holding out on your fellow members. We gotta know now! Tell us the secret please!

I to got mine from TSC, had only one problem, on the front of the bag there is a small clear window in the center of the label, the plastic in that window gets brittle and you have a hole. of the 50 bags on my pallet 8 had holes in them, no real spillage just holes, the attendee said he wanted to keep a good customer so he gave me 8 more good bags, that lowered my cost t 4.00 a bag.

Don't be holding out on your fellow members. We gotta know now! Tell us the secret please![/quote]

No secret !

Lowe's ran a deal - buy 4 tons and get $150 off. They did not have Rocky Mountain.
I only needed 3 tons.
Went to Tractor Supply - bought 4 tons of Rockies - they honored the Lowe's discount flyer.
Sold the extra ton to a friend.

Bottom line - $213.50 per ton

603BOB said:
Don't be holding out on your fellow members. We gotta know now! Tell us the secret please!

No secret !

Lowe's ran a deal - buy 4 tons and get $150 off. They did not have Rocky Mountain.
I only needed 3 tons.
Went to Tractor Supply - bought 4 tons of Rockies - they honored the Lowe's discount flyer.
Sold the extra ton to a friend.

Bottom line - $213.50 per ton[/quote]

Nice! :)

$199 a ton here at Southerland's

Paid 229 ton when i got these. Bought 2.6 tons of okies for 239 ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.