Rookie here - Seeking first stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joemat

Jul 23, 2008
NJ
I am looking at Pellet inserts for the prefab wood fireplace in my family room. One I am told that will work is the Quadrafire Castile Insert. I have been quoted a price of $4400 installed with the log kit. Is this a reasonable price or do I need to shop around some more??

I bought my Castile (free-standing) a couple of months ago and at that time, the Quadra-Fire website had a recommended price of between $2399.00 and $2999.00. I got mine for $2399.00.

I see that they list the Castile Insert from between $2799.00 to $3749.00. Unfortunately, the price of installation is so hard to determine because of many factors, but I'm guessing the vent pipe needed was around $400.00 to $500.00, then the rest is installation cost. If you are handy at all, you might consider doing the install yourself because it is not as hard as some think it is.

Hopefully someone who purchased a Castile insert lately will chime in.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.