Rookie learning experience

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Heat

Feb 1, 2008
Ontario Canada
Cool out side so I fired up. Checked system and found that the return temp was cool. Checked the circs valves etc. Everything looked fine. Found a cool spot at a 90 elbow. Looked like a blocked elbow. Good thing it was close to a union. Drained system and discovered elbow was clear. Turns out to be an air lock. So before you take apart, do a quick flush of system to clear air locks.

Thanks to Heaterman for recommending loctite 55. Stuff works great for rookies.

Terry

Been there done that, welcome to the club. Next year when you start it for the first time make sure the circulator is turning. Mine needed a whack with a hammer to get it in the mood (after the boiler started to get a BIT too hot!). I suggest manually enabling your circulator to make sure the water is flowing, regardless if it is an air lock or a stuck circulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.