Rookie Question on Stove Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew1024

Jan 29, 2008
Central NJ
Good morning everyone!

I have a few questions regarding my wood stove install. I am doing a vertical install through the ceiling, through a loft area and then finally out through the roof. My understanding is I can use single wall pipe up to the ceiling and then must convert to chimney pipe in the loft area even though it is still technically inside the cabin?? Secondly, I read that you can not use pipe from two different manufacturers that they may not fit properly? I bought a kit from Lowes that contains a ceiling support, attic insulation shield, stove pipe adapter, rain cap, and roof flashing. The single wall pipe is duravent from home depot and the chimney pipe is from lowes because it was cheaper. Thoughts? Will these systems be compatible? Am I missing anything else? Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.