Rookie wants to sweep chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newburnerwisconsin

Feeling the Heat
Jul 8, 2015
wisconsin
It's my first season burning in a hearthstone heritage 8022 with a dura tech class a chimney system. I can see that I have some soot powder in the chimney cap so I want to do my first cleaning soon. Can I remove the top section of chimney pipe and cap? So I can clean it? Is that possible? I already know I have to remove the baffle from the stove, but I am not sure about the chimney cap and top section of pipe. Thank you!
rookie in badger land

I swear by the sooteater. Remove the baffle and clean from the bottom up. I have no desire to climb up on a steep cold icy roof.

Thank you very much. That's a great idea. I all order one this week.
I swear by the sooteater. Remove the baffle and clean from the bottom up. I have no desire to climb up on a steep cold icy roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.