Room Air Baffle....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
So I'm sitting in my living room today looking at the stove... and I've got cold feet.

I moved the stove from its former residence in my kitchen/porch to my remodeled living room this season. It's much toastier here but the stand I built to raise the stove off the floor means the floor gets a little chilly... so I grabbed an old clipboard I had in my office and...Voila!... a floor that's 20F warmer!

Now I will have to fab one out of sheet metal to make it look a little better.

pelletstovebaffle.jpg

Just pointed my laser temp gun at the floor... 5 feet from the stove (on the sides) the floor temp is 58F... two feet to four feet in front it's 78F...mmmm toasty.

"If the women don't find ya handsome they should at least find ya handy."

"And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works."

"All it takes is a little imagination, some mechanical ability, and neighbors who mind their own business."

imacman said:
Are you SURE your name isn't Pook??

It's made from genuine semi-water/flame proof hardboard...

Wood Heat Stoves said:
imacman said:
Are you SURE your name isn't Pook??

cant be, pook is on my ignore list

Me thinx Pook got bounced again! Krooser just took a few lessons. :)

Krooser please get the sheet metal in place for you get razzed. :cheese:

Nice Job there Krooser! Your always thinkin!

Status
Not open for further replies.